Thursday, September 25, 2008

The play room

For many months now Hubby and I have been trying to figure out what in the world we could do to help ourselves get organized and get the house cleaned up. We have been working on remodeling the dining room and I have done alot of work in the kitchen. But, no matter what we did the toys were still taking over. To win the battle we worked really hard one Saturday and cleaned out the "brown" room. AKA the all purpose dump station. I can no even believe everything we drug out of that room. The room is still a hideous brown color but I hope to paint it a bright yellow sometime soon. Nevertheless it is now the home of ALL toys. There may be a few left in their room but there are NONE in the living room. What is even more of a miracle is that the girls have managed to keep the play room picked up and my living room has stayed clean for a week! This is a new record! It is so very nice. As my momma would say, the house is definatly happier.

2 comments:

Life throws you surprises! said...

very nice!

Lone Butterfly said...

Keeping the toys in the their bedroom is such a lifesaver for me - I think I would go crazy if they were strewn all about the house!

And yay for the girls on keeping it all picked up!