Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day at the lake


The girls and I got to spend the weekend with part of Hubby's family at the lake house this Labor Day weekend. We were short of men but had plenty of girls to make up for it. Poor Papa, he was the only man with 11 females for most of the weekend. I'm pretty sure he survived. The weekend was full of fun and a few hours of sleep. Number 1 tried to give me a heart attack but having an asthma flare up at 11 at night Sunday evening. It has been almost three years since she has had any trouble. Luckily there is a 24 hour Walgreens not to far away and we were able to get an albuterol inhaler filled and it took care of the problem. By far the favorite activities of the weekend were playing with the water hose (spraying Granny T was a highlight) and driving the boat with Papa. I even got into the action and drove the boat for the first time. I managed to dock the boat decently well for my first time and didn't ram the dock. I consider that a success. The girls and I were definatly excited to see Hubby this afternoon. We stopped in C.S. and enjoyed a nice dinner at Mom and Dad's before coming home. I plan to hit the pillow early tonight to try and make up for some lost hours.

Number 2 enjoying the wind in her hair

Number 2 driving the boat with Papa

Number 1 taking her turn at the wheel

Piling on top of Uncle Richard

Number 2 waiting patiently to take a group shot.

A momentary peace treaty :) Just Kidding.

The beautiful Carpenter girls

A video of the girls running around and playing

Running around being silly

Attacking Granny T with the water hose. Notice the quite way that Number 1 goes in for the attack. She tries to make it look innocent doesn't she?

No comments: